Hello, all. Happy spring and happy Easter! I know I’ve been absent for awhile and I wanted to creep out of my hole to check in. Everything is fine. I am exactly one month, two papers, three finals and one presentation away from finishing law school, and this last semester has basically been an all out sprint to the finish line. I am exhausted, and I have no idea how I am going to finish everything, but every time I think I can’t do any more, I find enough grace and strength to get through the moment in front of me. And at this point, I have faith that I will continue to find the strength I need to finish what I’ve started.
Everything in my life that is remotely expendable has been put temporarily on hold, and for the time being, that includes blogging. Fun as it is, blogging requires creative energy that I do not have at the moment. Y’all can expect to see me back in about a month, though it’s possible I might pop back in from time to time before that.
Since I last posted regularly, I have:
- Significantly cut back on my grocery spending
- Figured out about 500 ways to prepare legumes and rice
- Perfected my recipes for spaghetti carbonara and turkey burgers–these will definitely be shared at some point.
- Eaten too many of the Lemonator’s amazing peanut butter cookies
- Started to put shredded carrots into everything–perfect thing to transition from winter into spring
- Gone on an asparagus bender
- Discovered a deep love for spicy (not sweet) rice bowls with vegetables and shrimp.
Blueberry Mom is visiting this weekend, and we have every intention of eating, drinking and making merry. I will be happy to have a brief respite from my work. I hope you are all happy, well-fed and enjoying your spring weather.